APPEARS FIXED in the Jan 25 Beta update.
Compare "Slide 6" in this comment to "Slide 5" in my previous comment.
- You cannot see through the objects
- There is no shadowy, ghostly outline
One more view of the "PBR Objects" (two pictures).
As you can see, this makes the "Transparent Background" completely unusable in its current condition.
Yes, almost any project should be able to reproduce this problem
I used the "PBR" sample project:
- Denoise Start = 25
- Rendered using "Save MI Scene" for 25 iterations
Here are some pictures using the "PBR" sample project:
1) Rendered with Transparent = OFF
2) Rendered with Transparent = ON
3) Transparent=ON image with a background color filled in, to show "outline" ghosts better
4) Showing Preview before Denoise is active
5) Showing Preview after Denoise is active