FitKit plugin (Layer based morphable clothing system)
I propose a collection of base clothing templates with UVs. Each template should have preset morphs for lengthening, loosening, different wrinkle looks and styles.
1. (Collection menu) Add COLLAR SHIRT template to character,
2. (Preset morph sub-menu) lengthen bottom of shirt by 15%, add wrinkle preset to shirt by 75%, Shorten sleeves by 8%, add wrinkle to collar by 10%, Loosen around stomach by 17%
3. (Pocket/Button sub-menu) what’s a collar shirt without a front pocket. In this menu you can select pocket, buckles, button templates. Place pocket near clothing and hit (Conform to clothing). Pocket now is conformed against the shirt.
4. (Appearance editor sub-menu) the shirt needs some textures, good thing its already UV mapped separating all the different pieces of our shirt! Search the preset textures in the library. Mix texture maps and normal maps just like you do in SkinGen. Change collar textures. Change sleeve textures. Even export to Substance Painter for some nice stitching and logo.
5. (Export to Zbrush using Goz) shirts could use some tweaking in Zbrush. Keep the same topology and save your new preset to use on your other projects. Even sell on the marketplace.
HOW WOULD THIS HELP US ARTIST???
Let’s be honest... None of us really want to create our character outside of character creator. Best to keep it in the family... If you know what I mean. Even if getting garments as close as possible to our vision. That would be a huge time saver and could create a starting point for endless variations of content for the marketplace based on Reallusion Clothing templates.
HOW WOULD THIS BENEFIT REALLUSION???
This Plug-in would generate more value in the marketplace by getting rid of content with horrible base topology and UVs, giving creatives a starting point just like the base CC3 characters. That in return means you have better quality assets in the marketplace. And guess what else... Reallusion will own the topology for all the base meshes in the clothing template collection.
TEMPLATE COLLECTION SHOULD THESE OPTIONS (Each with its own base topology)
(Shirt) regular, tank top, collar shirt, button-down open, button-down closed (Pants) jeans, joggers, leather pants and more (Shorts) Basketball, Cargo, dress shorts and more (Not limited to these categories)