The Unreal Live Link Plug-in for iClone creates a
system for characters, lights, cameras, and animation for
. The simplicity of iClone
combined with Unreal Engine rendering delivers a digital human solution to create, animate and visualize
superior real-time characters. The Unreal Live Link Plug-in for iClone removes the tedious FBX file
import/export process and seamlessly sends iClone characters to Unreal with automated character shaders
and skeleton setup.
For iClone users,
bridges work in iClone to Unreal Engine
to produce exceptional visuals featuring
. Use the existing and familiar iClone
tools to operate and animate in Unreal.
For Unreal users, Utilize iClone's vast character and animation assets to quickly
generate fully-rigged custom characters and animated them with specialized motion editing tools.
Discover a powerful new way to create facial expressions and talking animations with intuitive puppet
panels and multi-device mocap recording with streamlined plug-and-play setup.
One-Click Asset Transfer
- Build a data chain between iClone and Unreal Engine via the iClone Live Link plug-in.
Animate in iClone, and simultaneously see the real-time render in Unreal Engine.
- Direct transfer of iClone characters, lights, and cameras without FBX import/export.
- Select and send multiple items through a friendly, progressive
- Use the iClone Origin gizmo to quickly position all iClone assets in an Unreal
Supports All Major Character
- The same iClone animations can be used on characters made with different 3D tools.
- iClone's MotionPlus format keeps facial morphs and skeletal animation in one file, for a single
animation format that can be reused on all characters.
- Native iClone and Character Creator format support, with Auto Setup script for fast Digital
Human shader assignment in Unreal.
- Import custom humanoid FBX or
UE4 characters to iClone through the 3DXchange characterization
Transfer Cameras & Lights
- Conveniently direct the cinematography Unreal by manipulating iClone's camera and light
- Create, transfer and edit iClone Directional Light, Point Light, and Spotlight for
- Select iClone cameras and sync control with Unreal cameras directly from iClone.
Automated Digital Human
- Automatically assign digital human shaders from iClone characters to Unreal; removes
manual work of shader assignment.
- 3 shader types are available: Standard (PBR), LW (Lightweight), and HQ (High
Quality) Digital Human.
- Use default HQ shader for imported CC Characters - the skin, teeth, hair, eyes are
assigned through advanced Blueprints for adjustment and fine-tuning.
- Store AO, and Roughness textures into RGBA channels for optimized file size.
- PBR shaders are applied to cloth, accessories, and non-CC characters.
Know More >
Automatic Skeletal Mapping
- When a CC Character is transferred from iClone to Unreal Engine, the Live Link plug-in
automatically processes the skeletal mapping and bone renaming in UE4.
- Supports Epic IK-bone standard with additional Hand Bones for weapon-holding animations,
and Root IK bones for locomotion control.
- Enhanced content compatibility between the Character Creator and Unreal Asset Stores. CC
characters can use UE4 motions, and UE4 characters can use iClone Motions.
Animations from an Extensive iClone Motion Library
- Access thousands of professional motion clips that are activated with a single
- Discover popular animation genres including fantasy, modern life, mechanical, sports and
- Smoothly blend carefully choreographed animation clips into custom sequences.
Intuitive Motion Editing
- Intuitive pose adjustments using HumanIK (Autodesk MotionBuilder technology)
- Smoothly refine motion clips with iClone's Motion Layer Editor.
- Direct character eye gaze through Look constraints.
- Supports floor contact for optimal hand/feet ground relation.
- Easy object interaction through Reach Target constraints.
Facial Animation - Expression
- 60 facial morphs for unmatched facial precision of mouth, cheek, and eyes. Compatible
with professional face-tracking specifications (Faceware, iPhone)
- Audio lip sync turns human voice files into talking animations. Use timeline editing for
viseme strength and lips, jaw and tongue smoothness refinement.
- Facial Puppet generates vivid facial animations from mouse movements. Enhance with
emotives and gender profiles.
- Three levels of face key editing - facial muscle, expression presets, blend shape
Synchronous Multi-Device Motion
- Live-performance capture for face, body, and fingers.
- Simultaneously capture the motion data streamed from different hardware and save data in
separate motion tracks for further editing.
- Single interface for Live preview animation -Start / Stop data recording.
- Motion Masking & Multi-pass Recording - only add facial expressions, or blend different
body motions by masking unwanted body
CONTROL CAMERAS &
Point Light & Spotlight
- Quickly transfer iClone lights and easily control Unreal lighting directly from
- Adjustable Lighting Parameters include - Light Strength, Color, Falloff, Multiplier,
Shadow, Transform, and more.
- Link existing Unreal lights by using the iClone Live Link Blueprint.
Sync Camera FOV, DOF,
Filmback & More
- Transfer multiple iClone cameras to Unreal Engine and sync iClone cameras to Unreal
- Adjustable Camera Parameters include - FOV, Filmback, Near-Far Blur Levels.
- Works with iClone Camera Animations, Curve Editing, and Path / Look At
LINK & RELINK
Link Existing Unreal
Assets with Live Link Blueprint
- In addition to control assets transferred from iClone, users can link Unreal created
camera, lights, even characters to iClone via Live Link blueprint.
- The Linked characters should have the identical bone structure, and use the same
- UE4 characters can be send to iClone via 3DXchange, once it's characterized, the
Unreal character can share all the motion files designed for iClone.
Instant Re-link After
- Once the Live Link pairing projects both in iClone and Unreal are created, easily
relink them to continue your production.
- Transfer more assets from iClone to the same Unreal project as the creation evolves.
Sequence Recording for Unreal
- Real-time play iClone animation to the Unreal Sequencer, and record the character facial
morphs, skeletal data, lighting and camera attributes in Unreal playback.
- Easily generate multiple Unreal Sequences from the same iClone project, an effective
workflow for Unreal Non Linear Editing.
Unreal Real-time Render and
- Utilize Unreal Engine as a super real-time renderer for iClone animators.
- Take advantage of the RTX GPU technology in Unreal and get ray trace output quality at
unmatched render speed.
From CG to Film, Unreal Post
- Film look to iClone renders by adding Unreal motion blur, volumetric light, chromatic
aberration, fog, lens flare, screen space reflection, bloom and eye adaptation.
- Apply Unreal Post Process for tonemapping, blendables, post process materials for an
advanced render style.
Character Asset Collections
package includes everything in the Fundamental suite along with access to a
comprehensive content library to speed up your production.
- 1,124 Motions
- 81 Characters
- 916 Morphs
- 515 Outfits
- 31 Hairstyles
See all the content >
With a Choice of
Facial & Body Mocap
complete package not only includes all of the tools and content of the Cinematic
suite but also includes mocap connectivity to industry-leading tracking devices.
Any purchase of Cinematic or Live
Performance package can get the Business License of Reallusion Official Character Assets Collection.
Reallusion content is royalty free and can be shared across multiple seats registered under one
unified business account. All software licenses are perpetual.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for more licensing options.