Votes
1
Product:
Character Creator 3
Version:
3.3
Status:
Not Reproducible
Issue 7099
weird clothing scramble
I converted one of my old CC3 avatars to CC3+ Saved project on my storage drive. Reopened later to revise the skin but when I opened the project again in CC the clothing was scrambled. I've noticed it only seems to happen if I save the project BEFORE I send it to iClone for animation. And I wonder if it has something to do with installing skinGen. I reinstalled skinGen and had the same affect. It happened with the catsuit clothing and I did change some materials on the catsuit before saving with skinGen plugin. I'll explore this further but I had an immediate response from Jollen at Reallusion and he asked me to post.
OS: Windows 10
Attachment:
  • WTF.JPG
  •  4
  •  386
Submitted bygodutch58
1
COMMENTS (4)
Feedback Tracker Admin
Hi godutch58,

Please send your project to cloud service such as Google Drive, and attach the download link in your next comment.
You can also set as private comment if you want.

Calvin
Reallusion.
godutch58
Not really sure by what you mean to 'send the project'. As explained: It only happens when I save a converted CC3 (and prior) over to a CC3+ project onto my external drive (a 1tb HD Fantom drive). When I access the project FROM that drive to the CC3 program (which resides on a 1tb SSD inside my computer) the clothing gets scrambled as pictured. I've also thought I may have processing issues because this alienware I work on is almost 8 years old. Oh - I also use nVidia Studio Drivers vice regular graphic drivers if that helps your analysis but I've never had this sort of 'thing' before in my 4 years of playing with iClone products.
Feedback Tracker Admin
Hi godutch58,

Thanks for your feedback!
Could you send your project to us, so that we can identify the issue properly?
Thanks for your help!

Calvin
Reallusion.
godutch58
I think I have a clue as to what is happening. I'm NO computer guru but sometimes I pay attention. Seems like if I make a CC3+ character and save it to my external hard drive - when I re-import to CC3 I have this scrambled clothing issue.  BUT!  If I save the character as a project to my SSD through the CC3 program itself - I have no issue. Then, instead of exporting as an iAvatar I just send the (upon completion) project directly to iClone and everything works as advertised. And there I can save it as a custom character like I always do and there are no more problems. They all animate smoothly and render nicely in iRay. At least - the problem does not duplicate as per earlier. OK - so I'm done with this stage of my life. I dunno if this is an actual glitch or if somewhere in Reallusion Literature I missed this info but I'm calling this 'good-to-go'.
1