System Text Size is Extremely Small on 4k Monitors
iClone and CC3 are virtually unusable on 4k monitors because the size of the text is extremely small. The attached screen shots are comparisons of the iClone text size to the normal Windows File Manager text size. Notice how difficult it is to read the names that are underneath the Template folders on the left.
I increased to the max font size in the iClone preferences, but it is still so small that I literally use a magnifying glass to read it. The attached screen shot is shown with the largest text size.
To reproduce the problem, simply launch iClone or CC3 on a 4k monitor.
Both of my monitors are 4k, so I am no longer able to use Reallusion products. I saw that another user reported this problem in 2017 (Issue 2165 )and it was marked as "Solved." If it is truly solved, please direct me to the solution.
Thank you for your help.
Hey - that worked! Thanks so much for your help. Your solution worked on iClone 7, CC3, Daz3D Studio, and Marvelous Designer. I'm sure it will work on the other apps, as well.
Try this. (Attached is a screenshot for CT8, but it's the same idea.)
1. Right-click your iClone 7 desktop icon and select Properties, which will open a Properties dialog.
2. Open the Compatibility tab and select "Change high DPI settings".
3. A new dialog window will open to change the DPI settings.
4. Change the settings under "High DPI scaling override" as follows:
- Check "Override high DPI scaling behavior"
- From the "Scaling performed by" drop-down, select: "System (Enhanced)"
5. Click OK and OK again to close the dialog windows.
You are going to edit a submitted issue. This issue will be changed to private draft mode until you click submit again. Are you sure?