I add a speedtree to a project and while I see the boundary marks for the tree, the tree itself is not visible (but is checked as visible in the parameters). This remained the case through several reboots of the software and a reinstallation of the speedtree assets. Then at random trees started showing up again. Now a few months later the trees are no longer showing up again. As per the advise of the RL support I installed the latest video card drivers but that did not help.
I have heard 3-4 other users expressing the same issue with none able to pinpoint the problem.
After coffee this morning I found that my Speedtrees were gone again!! It was as if I awoke from my slumber, opened my bedroom window to look out, and discovered that my trees, shrubs, and flowers were missing from the garden. I was aghast to experience another matrix moment. I thought that perhaps Windows Update was messing with me. I did the latest Windows Updates and went returned to iClone. My trees, shrubs, and flowers magically appeared. I jumped up and did another jig in the living room.
If my trees disappear again I will replace the iClone.exe file as suggested in this thread.
I updated my NVIDIA driver. My trees are back. Thank you letting me know. I will now do a little dance in my living room.
My trees are gone too. All that I see are the bounding boxes. I will try the suggestions above. (I am running iClone v7.21)
Yeswe have our trees back for good by the look of it!!!!!!!! Having nerly destroyed our computers with the suggestions made by reallusion we tried the updating NVVIDIA drivers (i thought we had already but no) and the trees came back into our projects, i think this is the correct solution.
it has been happening to us, taking hours of wasted time. we will try the nvvidia route now.