Nonstandard Character Animation Doesn't Transfer to Unreal Engine via Unreal Live Link
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Follow the "Workflow from iClone to Unreal Engine" Unreal Live Link tutorials (https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/live-link/unreal-engine/tutorial.html)
to load a non-standard character into iClone and transfer the files to Unreal.
- Test 1: From iClone, pilot the camera, translate the character model, and rotate the character model. Observe the piloting, translation, and rotation are reflected in Unreal.
- Test 2: From iClone, apply an animation via Motion Puppet. Observe the animation reflected in Unreal.
- Test 3: From iClone, apply facial animation via Motion Live (LIVE FACE). Observe the facial animation reflected in Unreal.
- Each of the iClone behaviors should be accurately reflected in Unreal.
- Test 1: Success: Camera piloting, character model translation, and character model rotation are accurately reflected in both iClone and Unreal.
- Test 2: Failure: The animation performs accurately in iClone, but not Unreal. In Unreal, the model slightly moves, but most of the bones' motions aren't translated; see the demo videos attached in the zip file.
- Test 3: Failure: The animation performs accurately in iClone, but not Unreal. In Unreal, many facial animations (especially mouth movements) aren't reflected. Additionally, the model's entire mody seems to move (and possibly adjust in size?) in Unreal, which shouldn't happen since only the face is being animated. See the demo videos as well.
- My issue (Test 2's failure in particular) seems quite similar to a forum post which at the time had no resolution (https://forum.reallusion.com/434053/Please-help-problem-Livelinking-Nonstandard-character-into-unreal#bm435470);
on contacting customer support, despite being previously reported, it seems this issue has not been fixed after all.
- Software versions:
- iClone v7.83.4723.1
- Unreal Live Link Plugin v1.21.2111.1
- Unreal Engine v4.25.4-14469661+++UE4+Release-4.25