- Your original creation of a fully-rigged & animated, 3D humanoid (biped) character.
- A 30-second video is required to show the personality and detail of the character. Turntable video for character animations display is acceptable.
- 1 x video link from YouTube or Vimeo ( video size is not limited/better video quality is encouraged)
- Entrants may submit up to 3 videos for award consideration.
Rules & Encouragements
- To submit, all participants should be Reallusion registered members (membership is free) and submit their videos via the Submission Form before Oct 16th, 2016 midnight/Pacific Time. Upload the final character video to YouTube or Vimeo, and fill in the URL in the Submission Form.
- The video name title must begin with the text: 3D Character Design Contest 2016.
- You must be a member of Polycount (membership is free). You must create and maintain a WIP-thread (work-in-progress thread) to show your progress as you develop your entry, which will be counted in the judge criteria. Create your thread in the Polycount contest forum. (Reallusion forum is optional).
- Title your thread accordingly: Reallusion Character Design - user name (E.g. Reallusion Character Design - Adam).
- You can use all the tools you like such as Maya, 3ds Max, DAZ, Blender, and simply incorporate Character Creator to get a better chance to win. A combination of Character Creator with character topology, and the easy-to-use iClone animation software is highly recommended in order to quickly speed up production.
- We have prepared a Best prize category for entries that feature Character Creator in their work. Try it!
- Participants are allowed to submit turntable display videos. Contestants are eligible for additional prizes if they properly pose their characters.
- Winners will be posted on the Polycount and Reallusion forum pages and notified through e-mail.
- Winners will also get a great chance to be featured in Reallusion's newsletters, media channels, interviews and SketchFab for additional exposure.
- Winners will have an opportunity to be, selected as Feature Developers, or work on outsourced projects to monetize their creations to the iClone 3D community. Know More
Other Rules & Criteria
- Reallusion reserves the right to disqualify or remove, without notification, submissions done in poor taste including content that is: offensive, defamatory, indecent, or objectionable.
- At Reallusion's request, winners may be asked to provide additional contact information for purpose of prize delivery.
- Reallusion reserves the right to feature and showcase selected parts of the user videos or images from the submission forum and final thread, for event wrap up, marketing materials, media reports and others.
NOTE: All used materials will always be properly credited to its original artists.
- Reallusion reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control or if the number of participants do not exceed the minimum number decided by Reallusion.
- Reallusion states that all winner announcements are final. Winners will not be chosen based on popularity votes or any other factors other than judgment from the judging panel.
- By submitting an entry, a participant automatically agrees and certifies that he/she has read and agreed to all the rules and requirements governing this particular event.
- By submitting, participants also grant Reallusion the permission to use their creative work in any future marketing event or promotion held by Reallusion.
- Reallusion would like to make clear that it does not profit from this event. The 3D Character Design Contest is done out of good faith and with the purpose of bringing communities and ideas together for the entertainment of all.