Had this issue when exporting an FBX to Unreal - was pretty frustrating. Solved it by having the character look at a sphere, then turned on the Bake Constraint Key option before export. Works like a charm (at least for .FBX to Unreal): Here's the link to find the Bake Constraint Key: https://manual.reallusion.com/iClone_7/ENU/Content/iClone_7/Pro_7.4/28_FBX/Exporting_FBX_from_iClone.htm
I am having the same issue now mid 2021! This is really bad!
I am having this look at camera eye problem also. When I animate a character in iClone 7 and use look at camera, set free, pick target, set free, look at camera, etc. I get a good result until I attempt to do a collect clip and turn the animation into a motion plus. When I do a collect clip, I play through the animation, then save the animation as a motion plus with all the correct boxes ticked. When I import the saved motion plus, and play the animation, the eyes vibrate and look in the wrong directions. This is a huge issue as I need to save the motion plus for use in Unreal Engine. Please Advise
I have this problem also and it's pretty disappointing to see how old this post is. Considering I bought all this pipeline software and export content specifically for animating characters so I could export them to Maya and render 3d vr POV movies it feels like a little more then a bug.
As follow up to Rick Knowles post (April 2019)- I have found that this does bring an eye-motion into 3DXchange, but eyes are very twitchy and do not match the original animation in iClone, or what would match that which could be exported by Alembic. In 3DXChange the eyes seem to jitter aggressively, and then at times one eye goes limp/dead. It looks funny and is entertaining, but alas, it doesn't work. *Note - I tried almost every single combination of Animation > Motion Settings to to see if one was causing the jitter, and it winds up being the "Bake Constraint Key", which unfortunately, is the thing that does need to be turned on in order to potentially export the eye motion out. I wish there was a way to somehow hard-bake the eye animation through the FBX via a mini-conversion from constraint to regular motion. Anyway, I do praise Rick's description of a possible workaround, at minimum you could try it and see how the animation plays out in 3DXchange. At first I was going straight to 3DS Max, and I kept seeing the eyes all crazy, so it is more efficient to test run it through 3DXChange as a launching step to see if it even works. Admittedly, I have had no success yet.