Since a few days Iray only renders in CPU mode - even the default scene shows "GPU - Out of memory". I have re-installed the plug-in and I have installed the latest graphics driver. I hadn't this problem weeks ago and I think my GTX1080ti shouldn't have that much problems rendering the default scene with Iray.
Any suggestions how to solve this? Thank you very much.
Thank you very much for your quick reply.
1. Yes, the issue occurs everytime using CC and also iClone.
2. Tried it several times, but didn't worked.
3. Log file shows some strange messages, e.g. "There is no CUDA-capable GPU available …" or "CUDA device (0) … an illegal instruction was encountered …". Please see attached screenshots.
Thanks again for your support.
1. Is this issue can repeat every time using Iray for Character Creator?
2. Please help to try re-activate the 1080ti via Render Settings > Hardware Settings, see if this issue will solve or not.
3.Please help to check if this problem is only the GPU status showing error.
Please open the Preview Log Message via Show Log Checkbox at bottom right of Preview window, if it has some message like " rend warn : Failed to allocate device memory, falling back to CPU." This message mean GPU is out of memory so the GPU, so GPU status will showing "Out Of Memory".
And then in some of cases, Preview window will failed to update the GPU status even the GPU is working, please check if there is any message similar to "1.12 IRAY rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB): Allocated XXXX MiB of work space" , it mean GPU is working.
You are going to edit a submitted issue. This issue will be changed to private draft mode until you click submit again. Are you sure?