v2.1(2.1.1204.1) released 1st December-09
- Added: RSS Podcast Player Style. Users can subscribe their favorite podcast feed to enjoy the audio/ visual experience with a desktop or online widget.
- Added: More flexible font settings for RSS Component, Twitter Component, Photo Viewer and Video Channel Style.
- Added: Floating control panel in Photo Viewer when selecting Image_CompleteSetH, Image_CompeteSetV, Image_Single, and Image_SingleAuto Style. Users can set auto-play time durations and transition effects to make their own “digital photo frame”-like widgets.
- Added: Player bar in Video Channel when selecting Video-CompleteSetH, Video-CompleteSetV, and Video-Single.
- Added: Foreground/Background preview on/off button. It is very convenient for users to align layout between foreground/background and each page.
- Added: Page and Volume control objects for global operations within the widget design.
- Added: “Install Program Folder” option for AIR export. Users can install all their AIR applications in the same program folder as well as in Windows start menu.
- Added: Hotkey Page Up/Page Down/Home/End for page browsing when preview. It also works on published widgets using WidgetCast v2.1.
- Added: Page index. It shows clearer page info to allow users easier access to the exact link page they are wishing to view.
- Enhanced: popVideo Composer. More flexible and variant control settings to let users generate different types of attractive popVideo widgets.
- Fixed: Several improper tooltips/description.
- Fixed: “Feedback Form” does not have background color setting.
v2.02 released 17th September-09
- Fixed: Several functions in published widgets (e.g. drag, link, full screen, or mute) wouldn’t work when the widgets were viewed in FireFox in Windows.
- Fixed: The popWidget wouldn’t be dragged when users view the widget in the share page (Self-hosting) in Internet Explorer 7 or 8.
- Fixed: Published widgets wouldn’t work on MAC platform. The listed problems were:
1. When clicking on a published widget, the widget would get stuck on the user’s mouse cursor.
2. Clicking on a link, button, or menu in published widgets wouldn’t work properly.
3. Dragging a published widget wouldn’t work correctly.
**The new exported/published widgets viewed by browsers (WIN: IE 7/8, FireFox 3.5, Safari 4; MAC: Safari 4, FireFox 3.5) should work normally now.
- Fixed: AIR output wouldn’t work on MAC platform.
- Fixed: Pop-up menu function wouldn’t work on published widgets which contained “Video_sidebar” styles in the embedded “Video Channel” component.
- Fixed: Some settings in Edit Panel and Export Panel wouldn’t keep the previous result when you switched between panels.
- Fixed: Users wouldn’t get a result if they inputted specific user name or tag name, including space, “_”, “.”, or other special characters in the embedded components of “Image/Video channel”.
- Known Issue: When exporting as AIR, if the project includes the embedded component “Video Channel,” and the source is from YouTube, then the videos do not show up.
How to update your published widgets?
- Preliminary requirement
1. WidgetCast v2.02
2. Original saved projects
1. Open previously saved custom widget projects on WidgetCast v2.02.
2. Check your project to see if it contains any components listed as below:
- 2.1. If your project includes “Video Channel”, you need to re-select the video style in the component property panel to update it.
- 2.2. If your project includes “popVideo Composer”, you need to delete the original composer, and add a new one to edit all content inside.
3. When you have confirmed that #2 is finished, you can save the project to replace the older version.
4. For exporting as Reallusion-hosting widgets, you should select the original published widget in the “Manage” panel, and press “replace”. Then, select the updated project to replace the older version.
5. For exporting as Self-hosting widgets, you should re-deploy the associated files to replace the older version.
1. Please update your flash player to the latest version to make sure all functions work normally.
2. Please make sure that the widgets exported from the new version (v2.02) are not shown on the same page as an older version (before v2.02), otherwise, the new widgets may not work properly.
v2.01 released 28th August-09
- Added: New components with close, mute, full screen functions in Library.
- Fixed: Instable loading in embedded video viewer while being published to web.
- Fixed: The widgets hosted by Reallusion server can't be normally displayed in some forum systems.
- Fixed: It may cause crash in certain conditions when browsing YouTube videos in the viewer.
- Fixed: The display of custom video and image in embedded viewers won't work when being exported as Adobe AIR.
- Enhanced: The loading performance of popVideo and PowerPoint widget.