v4.31 (4.31.2517.1) released 20th January-11
- Fixed: Memory leak issue in 3D view.
- Fixed: Camera keys will now be removed from the respective timeline track after clicking on "Remove All Animation".
- Fixed: The "Look At" keys which were previously not appearing on the light track.
- Fixed: Loading issue with certain objects.
- Enhanced: Content purchase entrance now moved from Backstage application to Reallusion City Marketplace.
- Added: "Update" button for verifying purchased DRM content within the current project.
v4.3 (4.3.1929.1) released 12th August-10
- Added: 'Above/Below' and 'DualStream' formats for 3D Stereo Vision output.
- Enhanced: Enhanced G4 UV mesh that avoids visual defects on both ears during face creation.
- Enhanced: DRM content purchase behavior for multiple DRM ID content.
- Enhanced: Update embedded content: Trey, Benny motion and Particle project.
- Fixed: Some props included empty UV Maps that caused textures not to show in iClone.
- Fixed: Clicking 'Reset All' in Facial Features, caused abnormal eye motion.
- Fixed: Some props with looped UV animation clips, caused AP to crash.
- Fixed: Hard disk space estimation incorrect. Now able to save 4GB file in FAT Hard disk.
- Fixed: Maximizing iClone left a space on the right if the taskbar was placed on the left side.
- Fixed: Corrected bump map direction.
- Fixed: AML with space in the tag caused the 'Terms of Endearment' content pack to not work properly.
v4.2 (4.2.1718.1) released 27th May-10
- Added: 3D Stereo Vision in 'Anaglyph (Red/Cyan)' and 'Side by Side' formats for both Image and Video output.
- Added: Allow scaling of entire Non-Human Character body.
- Added: .popVideo file format in popVideo Output.
- Added: Export function- alpha channel video in Video output.
- Added: 'Normal Map' item in Right-mouse list for texture dragging into 3D window.
- Added: DRM protection for iGlove, iHand and iFace.
- Enhanced: Able to set free size and adjust frame rate, video and audio quality in WMV output.
- Enhanced: Able to show Codec Info in Video Settings.
- Enhanced: Able to open current content folder via the Find File function in the Content Manager toolbar.
- Enhanced: Select function with two behaviors: drag-select from left to right- just touch object to pick all object(s); drag-select from right to left - select all object(s) to pick.
- Enhanced: Loading efficiency enhancement by changing Benny, Dylan, Jana Persona to basic.
- Fixed: Bounding box on sub-object selection was sometimes blocked.
- Fixed: Lock to ratio and lock all channels did not work in new dragging texture.
- Fixed: Corrected normal map direction.
- Fixed: Blend function in Create face did not work properly.
- Fixed: RM output format with DVD NTSC size which caused the AP to crash.
- Fixed: After adding the move command and Collect Motion, it caused the AP to crash when changing the sound clip speed.
- Fixed: Coud not load object with UV node when UV data was empty (Props Pack Bugs, Bears pack, Singing Birds...).
- Fixed: Tank track was always moving and could not be stopped.
- Fixed: Could not load some characters because of the buffer overflow (US Navy F-14 Aviator pack).
- Fixed: Updated embedded character (Benny, Dylan and Trey) failed during Mesh replacement in 3DXchange4.
v4.12 (4.12.1313.1) released 14 January-10
- Fixed: Some iProp animation cannot be removed when clicking the “Reset” button.
- Fixed: Fail to remove the video when a project has lost its video file link.
- Fixed: iClone3 avatars with a particle attached cannot be loaded.
- Fixed: The color of the prop would also be changed when adjusting the skin color of a non-human character with the prop attached.
- Fixed: A project containing the object with incorrect AML data cannot be loaded.
v4.11 (4.11.1218.1) released 21 December-09
- Fixed: Bug that caused low quality when break 8 bit audio clip
- Fixed: Failure to produce HTML page in Flash output when checked “Produce HTML Page”.
- Fixed: Failure to download content from Backstage while UAC (User Account Control) was activated under Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Fixed: Loading error of iClone2 Projects which caused loss of "Tree", "Grass", "CTS", "SoundFX" and "Music" in certain condition.
- Fixed: Bug that caused “Smooth” tool in “Adjust the facial texture” panel that crashed iClone
- Fixed: Bug that caused Failure to load .iScene with numerous Trees.
- Fixed: Bug that caused DRM contents failing to be recognized.
v4.1 (4.1.1125.1) released 26 Novenmber-09
- Added: Context menu to load image or video files as plane, image layer, billboard or background when using the right mouse button to drag & drop image or video files into the program.
- Added: "Drag & Drag Automatic External Files" option in Preferences to always load files as external sources when using drag & drop from windows.
- Added: The audio volume of a video is now keyable and can be used to create fade in and fade out effects using the timeline track.
- Added: Option to "Replace" a video texture from "Set > Video".
- Added: Option to 'Lock ratio' when manually adjusting the resolution on the export pages.
- Added: Embedded characters now have footstep sounds.
- Enhanced: DRM content that has already been verified will work even when the file path is changed.
- Enhanced: Stability of the 1-Click Content Verification function.
- Enhanced: Capability to Drag & Drop .vns files into iClone.
- Enhanced: Hand quality of embedded characters.
- Fixed: Drag & Drop would not work when UAC was set to 'on' under Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Fixed: IK would not work with non-human characters sometimes.
- Fixed: Changing a character's display method to 'Bounding Mesh' using the right-click menu would cause the program to crash.
- Fixed: The '2-Sided' check box in the 'Adjust the Facial Texture' menu would not work.
- Fixed: Moving along a path would not work properly if the path was projected to the terrain.
- Fixed: McAfee anti-virus would cause avatars to load very slowly.
- Fixed: An obvious line would appear between a character's head and neck when a new face is created or the face was changed.
v4.02 (4.02.1029.1) released 3 Novenmber-09
- Added: 1-Click Content Verification to verify all your DRM protected content in a single go. See more detail illustration.
- Added: Option to use the face cam with non-standard characters.
- Enhanced: Fine-tuned G1, G2, G3 facial skins to improve facial animation.
- Fixed: Some G1/G2 characters had abnormal teeth and/or mouth behavior.
- Fixed: Some G1/G2 characters could not be loaded.
- Fixed: Some G1/G2 characters could not use IK.
- Fixed: iClone3 projects which contained one or more props with merged particles could not be loaded.
- Fixed: iClone3 projects which contained characters with particles would crash when replacing those characters.
- Fixed: iClone3 props with UV animation (i.e. Stage Magician Pack) would not load correctly.
- Fixed: Props that use AML scripts would cause the program to crash when the AML script's "PosHelper" value was empty.
- Fixed: Removing a character's hair, then undoing/redoing that action, and then re-adjusting the hair would cause the program to crash.
- Fixed: Replacing a character would cause IK/FK to become unusable.
- Fixed: The description for the Material > "Effect All Materials" option was changed to "Affect All Materials" and is now colored in blue to indicate keyability.
- Fixed: The description for Head > Eyes > "Pupils" was changed to "Irises"
- Fixed: The dialog title for the "Add to Library" feature on the Collect Clip track of props was corrected.
v4.01 (4.01.1012.1) released 12 October-09
- Fixed: Some characters from BackSage (or saved in iClone3) cannot be loaded into iClone4.
- Fixed: Some motions from BackStage cannot be loaded into iClone4.
v4 (4.0.1002.1) released 02 October-09
- Added: Drag and drop editing from files on your computer or external hard drive.
- Added: Directly turn image or video files into 3D objects.
- Added: Gizmo manipulation with 3D Viewer.
- Added: Ability to direct your actor or prop with accessory hot key menu in the Director Mode.
- Added: Dockable and collapsible Timeline Editor.
- Added: Supports video files (AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, etc.) in any texture channel.
- Added: Video layering for foreground, background, titling and SFX.
- Added: Turn video with alpha channel into popVideo for iClone.
- Added: Place video on any surface of 3D objects for 3D video SFX.
- Added: HDR (High Dynamic Range) effects.
- Added: IBL (Image Based Lighting) effects.
- Added: Motion Path with speed, orientation and editing control.
- Added: Transition curve for more natural object movement.
- Added: Smoother camera motion for better camera movement.
- Added: Full hand gestures with fast motion editing.
- Added: Motion reverse.
- Added: Facial puppeteering – Use your mouse to select and direct the facial features of your actor as you play back in real-time.
- Added: Decrease file size by using external textures and sharing textures for multiple objects.
- Added: Eyedropper and paint bucket for quick texture editing.
- Added: Adjust UV map with rotate, mirror, and invert.
- Added: Blend textures with different modes: multiply, addition, overlay.
- Added: New characters with G4 head system optimized for advanced facial animation.
- Added: Character base for stylized cartoon animation - Jimmy-Toon.
- Added: New persona motion files for daily movements and dialog.
- Added: Be able to import facial texture files from Poser and Second Life.
- Added: Add new behaviors to avatar by attaching new props: wings to add fly mode, glove to add boxing mode.
- Added: Be able to edit and animate 3D creatures other than human.
- Added: Allow set pivot for any object to create rolling wheels, doors and other smart props.
- Added: Dummy mode - set prop or accessory as dummy for easier manipulation.
- Added: Create head with bone level morphing.
- Added: AML human centric - actor is able to perform specific motions by accessing different AML accessories.
- Added: Individual sound track for characters, props, etc.
- Added: Detailed hand management, with ability to save gesture clips.
- Added: Accept UV face map from 3rd-party model in enhanced G4 head bone system.
- Added: New type of "Gloves" for character style setting.
- Added: Eyelashes available in new G4 head.
- Enhanced: Enhanced shadow map for flexible shading effects.
- Enhanced: Particle softness and orientation for realistic SFX.
- Enhanced: Realistic water animation with video normal map.
- Enhanced: Smooth blending between water and land with edge softness.
- Enhanced: Rotation-driven spring animation for naturally moving hair and skirts.
- Enhanced: Enhanced G4 head system with facial bone level morphing and key editing.
- Enhanced: Enhanced facial tracks in Timeline for keyframe or motion clip management.
- Enhanced: Enhanced Scene Manager with freeze function.
- Enhanced: Able to see trees or grass in Quick Shader.
- Enhanced: Quick Access function for Modify panel and right-click menu with scroll bar for flexible search.
- Enhanced: Highlighted texts in Modify panel allow key animation setting.
- Enhanced: Quick switch between Director and Editor mode
- Enhanced: Ability to customize file thumbnail.
- Enhanced: Collapsible Timeline editor with track grouping and show/hide function.
- Enhanced: Ability to do key animation of image layer and multiple layering.
- Enhanced: Atmosphere and sky tracks enhancement.
- Enhanced: Flexibility to adjust shadow quality by adjusting map resolution range.
v3.2C (3.2.1526.1) released 26 March-09
- Fixed: Crashing issue occurs when the grass just added into the Scene Manager is picked as the project is playing back.
- Fixed: The left and right facial mappings are opposite between iClone and CrazyTalk.
- Fixed: In Director Mode, iClone crashes when Ctrl +Click an iProp with no Move Command embedded.
- Fixed: Animated Texture effect is rendered incorrectly in the Quick Shader Mode.
(E.g. The talking bubble in the Language Learning project)
- Fixed: The blending part of a clip in the timeline fails after being shrunk and extended again.
- Enhanced AML script:
- 1. Sub-prop control enhancement
- 2. New FullStop state for Move Command.
- Enhanced: Smaller watermark for EX version.
- Enhanced: Real-world camera setting (35mm format)
v3.2 released 29 December-08
- Enhanced: Performance enhancement on computers with multi-core CPUs.
- Enhanced: Option to launch your video player after video output is finished.
- Enhanced: "Align Actor Motion" option under "Animation/Motion" is checked by default now.
- Enhanced: Updated the BackStage program icon.
- Enhanced: The "Show/Hide" status of all items is now saved when a project is saved.
- Added: iClone data files now support thumbnail displays (when browsing for files for example)
- Added: "Lock Ratio" option for UV editing under "Material & Texture Settings".
- Added: "Effect All Channels" option for UV editing under "Material & Texture Settings".
- Added: Default Content - 3D Spaces under Props
- Added: Default Content - Artificial Eye uner
- Added: Height adjustment for Sky props
- Fixed: CloneCloth Caracters did not display "Drop" and "Wall" shadow effects properly in Pixel-Shader mode.
- Fixed: CloneBone characters with parts already attached could not be loaded.
- Fixed: Loading iClone2 projects would display all particle effects at twice the speed.
- Fixed: Loading projects would sometimes not open the reminder message to save your current project.
- Fixed: Saving a project would use the current view for the thumbnail of this project.
- Fixed: Trinity's eye color could not be adjusted.
- Fixed: e-mail addresses with too many characters could not be used to log into iClone3 EX.
- Fixed: The "Jeep" iProp could not be animated using the right-click commands on iClone3 EX.
v3.1 released 21 November-08
- Added: iClone BackStage Live Content Access
- Added: WidgetMe (Beta) - transparent Flash movie for the web
- Added: Flexible spring for natural movement
- Added: Material key frame editing and animation
- Added: AML templates and interactivity
- Added: Hair offset for character
- Added: Drop Shadow and Wall Shadow supported
- Enhanced: CloneBone character system
- Enhanced: Facial animation
- Enhanced: Material Pick and UV offset/tiling
- Enhanced: Reduce iClone loading and speed up program initialization
- Fixed: Crashed when loading iClone 2.5 projects with no character
- Fixed: "invalid project" warning appeared when loaded projects
from some previous versions.
- Fixed: AML script errors on props and characters
- Fixed: Undo & Redo caused crash in some conditions.
- Fixed: For graphics cards that only support Quick
Shader, application crashed during final render in some condition.
- Fixed: Crashed when users chose Head>Texture>Diffuse>
Launch Editor, then back to iClone and select Glow>Launch Editor.
- Fixed: Director Mode using W.A.S.D. keys to move character and
camera at the same time, the character would be reset to the original
- Fixed: Application crashed when using iClone 2 motion with Sample
- Fixed: Removed redundant materials.
- Fixed: Some old prop content appeared incorrectly in iClone3.
- Added: Timeline tab keys - Tab: next key; Shift+Tab: last key.
- Fixed: Non-English language issue, caused character
damage and unable to apply motion
- Fixed: Non-English language issue, chose
Actor/Special, applying body style caused crash
- Fixed: Geforce FX 5200, Quick Shader, export BMP format with final render caused lockup
- Fixed: In Hand Combat project, changing character caused crash
- Fixed: Apply G2 character, select Head/Face/Modify/adjusting
face feature, drag scroll bar caused crash
- Fixed: Exporting project with GIF animation
800x600 caused crash
- Fixed: G3 character applied G1 object, undo
and redo caused crash
- Fixed: [Content Pack] Wedding Planner pack > Minister, open Groomsman caused crash
- Fixed: [Content Pack] Filmset and Props > 3D Scene, open Classic Living Room caused crash
- Fixed: [Content Pack] import iClone Theme
Pack > Horse & Tack, open some props caused crash
- Fixed: Obvious user interface defects
- Fixed: Default content defects
- Fixed: Glow Map disable issue
- Fixed: Click expand (+) and clap (-) on Scene Manager/Lighting caused crash
- Fixed: Most of the content pack compatibility issues
- Fixed: Cannot output a TGA file with the alpha channel
- Fixed: Director Mode, operate command caused crash on some objects
- Fixed: Some imprecise messages
- Fixed: Click Mouth/Light/Head caused crash in some conditions
- Fixed: Two characters looking at each other caused unnatural head movement
- Added: Provide horizontal scroll function on Timeline Editor
- Added: Disable Vertex Shading and Pixel Shading when the graphic card does not support
- Enhanced: MP4 export quality
- Enhanced: Graphic Card compatibility on Intel, ATI (HD3650), nVIDIA(GeForce6 Series)
- Enhanced: G2 character mouth movement and visual quality
- Added: Two production modes: Editor Mode and Director
- Added: Scene manager for total project asset list and access
- Added: Right-click menu system
- Added: Undo/Redo
- Added: New G3 Character
- Added: Facial Normal Map
- Added: Direct 3D object manipulation
- Added: Attach and Link (scene objects to characters)
- Added: Dramascript XML mod scripting for creating custom actor
and object interactivity
- Added: Direct actor motion editing, FK, IK (No external Motion
- Added: Tab track editing
- Added: Multi-actor timeline editing for Pro users
- Added: CrazyTalk5 auto lip-synch compatible
- Added: MP3 Import
- Added: Multi-camera system
- Added: Enhanced lighting system
- Added: Material Editing
- Added: Terrain + Sky + Grass, Water & Foliage Scene builder
- Added: Multiple Shader selection and preview options (Wireframe
to Pixel Shader)
- Added: Flash Output
- Added: Direct Picking and Manipulating Selected Objects.
- Added: Add Linkage between Objects and Characters.
- Added: Large Scene
- Added: New demo Project.
- Added: Press the "E" key to quickly auto level the
camera back to the upright position if the camera gets tilted.
- Added: Press the "F" key to zoom the camera view to
the front of the selected object.
- Added: Press the "Home" key to view the selected object
from top right position.
- Added: Rotate and orbit camera to the “F” or “Home”
keys focused objects.
- Added: Camera templates for medium, large and extremely large
scale scenes. Film large cityscapes, terrains, architecture and
- Data Fixed: Jack CloneCasual fails to adjust color.
- Data Fixed: Jack Casual 's shoes under floor board.
- Data Fixed: The finger become too long after the body size
- Data Fixed: Some illegible node name is modified to be more
- Enhancement: The ears can be modified to be more distinctive.
- Enhancement: Default pose become more than upstanding.
- Program Fixed : Crashing problem when wav file is imported and
then export the project to an avi file.
- Program Fixed : Crashing problem when all props are removed
- Program Fixed : Fail to apply teeth or eyes when non-standard
character is applied and replaced with G1/G2 character.
- Program Fixed : The face fails to receive light in the final
export result after specific dynamic light is applied.
- Program Fixed : The hands collapse after some certain motions
are applied to the character.
- Program Fixed : The hair has mistake in quick shader render
- Program Fixed : Crashing problem when user apply gesture on
timeline (18000 Frames) and click fit to windows.
- Program Fixed : To improve character posture include :
- G1 Character
- G2 Character
Jack Clone Casual
Jane Clone Casual
- Added: Vista support - iClone 2.1 works with Windows Vista.
- Program Fixed: Fail to apply hand gestures to G2 characters. Click
- Program Fixed: Visual defect in the facial texture adjustment
for certain hair style. Click
- Program Fixed: Fail to export AVI video. Error Message "Cannot
initialize video encoder; export failed."
- Data Fixed: Updated default Jane Casual character with a better
face shape and hair style.
- Data Fixed: Fail to adjust color on Jack Casual's shoes. Click
- Data Fixed: Fail to apply accessories - Microphone. Click
- Data Fixed: Remodel Jack CloneCloth Casual character to remove
the extruded chest. Click
- Data Fixed: Remove shoulder joint twist for certain motion data
(list below). Click
Dance\Rock and Roll
- Added: G2 Character - enhanced bone structure
and texture details
- Added: G2 CloneCloth Character - dual-layer, custom garment
- Added: Be able to save accessories with custom Characters
- Added: Particle Effects - full control over particle parameters
- Added: Fog
- Added: LivePlants for 3D Scene
- Added: Foot sliding removal
- Added: Multi-channel textures export
- Added: HD video size output - 1280 x 720 (720P), and 1920 x
- Fixed: Black and white slanting video in Avi format is exported
when user key in specific dimension
- Fixed: Crashing as the Insert key on the keyboard is pressed
while any Template Folder in File Manager is focused
- Fixed: Crashing when beta Effect Pack is loaded and applied
- Fixed: Incorrect display of Motion Total Frame
- Fixed: Wrong tag name in Modify page of Accessories
v1.52 released 04 October-06
- New: Speed up rendering speed from 2x to 20x
- New: Select video compressor before exporting video
- New: Be able to export AVI up to 2GB in FAT32 format
- New: Now be able to export AVI larger than 4GB
with NTFS format hard disk.
- New: Convenient Hotkeys for Move, Rotate Character
and Offset Character Shadow.
||Alt+up/down = move (Z)
Alt+right/left = move (X)
||Alt+left/right = rotate (Y)
|*Offset Character shadow
||Ctrl+up/down = move (Y)
|Tips - Speed character movement: combining
"Shift" key to 10 times increase the character
movement or rotate speed
- Fixed: iClone launch failure message.
- Fixed: Lighting color doesn't change after light
template is applied.
- Fixed: Sound volume sync problem between System
and iClone sound recorder.
- Fixed: iClone crashes when exporting WMV or AVI
files with certain 3D graphics cards.
- Fixed: Under some circumstances, hands will become
strange shape after users enlarge hands.
- Fixed: To eliminate the beeping noise at the end
of exported video files.
- Fixed: Fix Hero's neck connection problem.
v1.51 released 16 August-06
- Fixed: Increase the load speed of thumbnail images
- Fixed: correct the initial offset problem in walking
- Fixed: Hotkey changes - see Performance Issue
and Tuning in iClone1.5 manual
- New: Be able to turn off the warning message when
load projects without standard characters (press Ctrl-Shift-L)
- New: Add a high-resolution 3d sphere in \Props\3D
v1.5 released 1st August-06
- New: Real-time Pixel Shader supporting the following
- bump map
- normal map
- reflection (environmental map)
- alpha channel (opacity map)
- self-cast shadow (nVidia only)
- vertex color
- UV texture animation
- particle effects
- New: Multi-texture Editing for characters and
- diffuse, bump, opacity, reflection, glow map
- planer, box, spherical, cylindrical, texture UV mapping
- New: Animation Tracks and Timeline Control
- camera, lighting, hands, animated props, animated accessories,
- New: Preinstalled Content
- 3D Blocks System ( 45 items in 7 categories)
- 3D Surface System (4 items)
- 3D Billboard (1 item)
- 3D Architecture (6 items)
- Texture Library ( 43 items in 5 categories)
- New: Motion Editor 1.5v (Studio only)
- numerical joint data input
- align whole motion - anti-foot sliding
- reset pivot: lock pivot to the same XY location, prepare loop
motion for timeline animation
- fixed: copy and paste joint rotation to the whole motion segment
- New: BVH Converter (Studio only)
- be able to define BVH profile, convert and fine tune BVH motion
v1.01 released 8th February-06
- New: Complete content thumbnail in trial version
- New:"Content Developer Info" button
- New: Screensaver loading status
- Fixed: Screensaver loading defect
- Fixed: Trial version splash defect
v1.00 released 8th December-05