v5.51 (v5.51.3507.1) released 15th November-13
- Added: Compatible with Avatar Toolkit2 Series (eg. Monster Workshop I Repack / Toon Maker).
- Fixed: Reduced random crashes in the 64 bit version when using Motion Puppet & Timeline Editing.
- Fixed: Importing characters caused crashes after plugging/unplugging the earphone jack.
- Updated: Update Height Map Terrain in .iScene files, to make them compatible with the updated iTerrain from 5.5.
v5.5 (v5.5.3207.1) released 8th August-13
- Added: 64 bit version of iClone officially released.
- Added: Added .wmv(VC-1) and .mp4(H.264) output to 64 bit version.
- Added: Added iMotionPlus format (Contains Motion, Facial Animation, Visible, Spring and Sound).
- Added: Added Bake Constraint key (Including Path, Reach, Link, Contact and Look at).
- Added: Added Translate (Stretch) Bone option to Motion Layer Editing.
- Added: Now able to edit Height Map Terrain including Height Map layouts and textures.
- Added: Added the Level-of-detail Options for Height Map Terrain in Real-time Playback & Editing.
- Enhanced: Height Map Terrain Physics; added Collision Margin, Friction and Elasticity.
- Enhanced: Facial Creation Tools Enhanced:
. Control points for facial fitting optimized.
. Viseme visual quality enhanced.
. Added animated tongue.
. Updated interface for side-facial fitting.Â
- Fixed: Lipsync lost frames during playback if the audio length was over 60 seconds.
- Fixed: Added back Spring Effect for Gwynn character.
- Fixed: Fixed the lip keys to show "None" when loading old iClone4 data.
- Fixed: Fixed inability to adjust the transition length for Reach/Spring Key.
- Fixed: Fixed Insert Frame in project track did not affect the Animation Layer track.
- Fixed: Fixed iClone4 project tendency to use embedded textures as external textures, resulting in inability to find textures in iClone 5.
- Fixed: Fixed sequence image output failed in some special environments caused by hard disk space misjudgment.
- Fixed: Fixed Human-IK editing issues in iClone Standard Version.
v5.41 (v5.41.2802.1) released 2nd April-13
- Fixed: Characters composed before iClone5.4 with a G4 Head that saved from iClone4 and a G5 body, caused crashes when using the Facial Animation features: Import Voice, CTS, CLP, and Text to Speech.
- Fixed: Lip keys in Timeline / Viseme could not be moved / deleted after stretching the Motion clip length.
- Fixed: Once Standard Character's head reached the sides or bottom of the viewport, the hair disappeared.
- Fixed: Adjusted Standard Character's teeth, caused mesh disfiguration.
- Fixed: Head produced by Creat Face / Load Image caused a crash when using the Face Key.
- Fixed: Double clicking in the Timeline / Facial Layer to pop up the Face Key, selecting any part and setting the key, clicking on Reset, and then closing the Face Key. Repeat this procedure, it would cause crash.
v5.4 (v5.4.2706.1) released 11th March-13
- Added: Full Facial Animation for Non-standard Characters that have already had facial mapping done in 3DXchaneg5.4; facial animation for Non-Standard Characters including:
- Facial Puppet
- Face Key Editing
- Look-at function
- Added: Allow users to set ON/OFF key for spring effects in the Timeline, including Character and Props.
- Added: Separate spring effect settings with different spring groups (User may use 3DXchange5.4 to define group).
- Added: Added Viseme Strength slider for adjusting entire lip clips in the Timeline.
- Added: Motion Modify function to Increase Motion Varieties & Posture.
- Added: Bone display for skin-bone props/accessories and character during Motion Layer editing.
- Added: Provided Bone Preview Settings, which allow users to adjust bone sizes, colors and opacity.
- Added: Allow skin-bone props/accessories to edit Animation Layer including FK / IK editing.
- Added: Compatible with Windows 8.
- Enhanced: Provided more auto-blink types (ex: Speechless, Charming, Childâ€¦)
- Enhanced: Updated G5 character Chuck & Gwynn with better lip-syncs, and add-on tongue.
- Enhanced: Allow Expand / Collapse for all bone structure trees inside Edit Motion Layer. Also provide a quick way to show / hide hierarchy trees by pressing Ctrl + plus mouse click on sub tree.
- Enhanced: Once the timeline “Object Related Track” is pressed, clicking the timeline track will automatically stop the mode to prevent the editing view from being cleared by clicking on other tracks.
- Enhanced: Auto select current object in the Timeline track when “Object Related Track” is affected. User may press Ctrl + plus clicking object to add track into Timeline.
- Enhanced: Added Close button on timeline main track for easy operation.
- Enhanced: Allow extended bone editing for Non-standard characters (ex: Cat’s ears and tail); user may use 3DXchange5.4 for extended bone definition. . Fixed: Corrected left/right naming from user’s view to character’s view inside Puppeteering Panel.
v5.32 (v5.32.2309.1) released 9th November-12
- Fixed:Â Could not apply hair to G3 Character in iClone 5.31.
- Fixed: Physics Soft-Body caused crashes whenÂ using the Play button.
v5.31 (v5.31.2215.1) released 16th October-12
- Fixed: Facial animation was not working when applying an "Expression Style".
- Fixed:Â Could notÂ load .clp createdÂ with CrazyTalk6.
- Fixed: Jimmy Toon activate Perform command causedÂ a crash.
- Fixed: Object attached to a physics object and then merged and played, caused program crash.
- Fixed: Some charactersÂ from the Avatar BuilderÂ could not change heads in iClone5.
- Added: Compatible with morph-based head characters (eg. Monster Workshop I).
v5.3 (v5.3.2103.1) released 6th September-12
Microsoft Kinect for Windows Mocap Device:
- Added: “Near mode” and “Head rotation” options.
- Enhanced: Update Kinect for Windows driver from v1.0 to v1.5 (Ref: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj160161)
- Enhanced performance
- Better skeleton tracking
- Fixed: Some operations may cause program crash.
- Added: iClone Message Panel, providing additional warning or error messages for iClone, plugin, and LUA script operations.
- Added: â€œBake Constraint Keyâ€ option in the modify panel of the Animation â€“ Motion area. Now users can bake Look At / Link / Path Constraint / Reach Keys to iMotion clip, and for further FBX/BVH motion export through 3DXchange Pipeline.
- Enhanced: Support for morph-based facial animation in iClone5. The new head system is now compatible with lipsync animation and facial puppeteering.
- To utilize the unique facial expressions tools, you will need to have the new Monster Character Pack which is specially designed with a morph-based head system.
- Reallusion will add the morph-based head import functionality in the next 3DXChange release.
- Enhanced: Separated the "Material & Texture Settings" into 3 sections. It's now easier to fold/unfold material settings, which allows for quicker material picking and adjustment without the need to constantly scroll up and down the modify panel.
- Enhanced: When applying accessories to a target bone location, the accessory will retain the correct orientation, regardless of the bone naming difference between character generations. This also works for 3DXchange5 imported Non-Standard Characters.
- Fixed: For a skinned prop rigged to several sub-nodes, you can now attach each node to a different character bone, and correctly display the skin-bone rigged result. You can save it together with a character, or delete the skinned prop without error.
- Product Name: Vatican Feel
v5.23 (v5.23.1913.1) released 16th July-12
- Fixed: Lip-syncing results were not correct; they would sometimes exaggerate expressions.
v5.22 (v5.22.1820.1) released 20th June-12
- Fixed: Thumbnails disappeared when using the Uploader with data saved in iClone5 64Bit version.
- Fixed: Using characters convertedÂ in 3DX5,Â would sometimes make theÂ Motion Layer editing crash.
- Fixed: Motion captured demo project (GorfÂ Project)Â would not loadÂ in iClone.
- Fixed: DraggingÂ an image to a pathÂ would cause iCloneÂ to crash.
v5.21 (v5.21.1627.1) released 27th April-12
- Fixed: Popup message "Raise Left Cheek" crashing under some special conditions.
- Fixed: Could not reload projects containing particle effects.
- Fixed: "Terms Of Endearment" & "Argument's Motion pack" content packs were not working properly.
- Fixed: Device Mocap was not working in 64Bit OS.
v5.2 (v5.2.1618.1) released 18th April-12
- Added: Add 64bit beta version for 64bit OS.
Notice:Â In this version, Export>Video now only provides .avi format output
- Added: Allow edit character in 3DXchange5 by clicking "Edit in 3DXchange".
- Added: Allow add motion to 3DXchange5 by right mouse click "Collect Clip" track.
- Enhanced: Content update â€“ Character>Chuck
- Fixed: Stereo output grass was flashing after changing wind strength setting on grass.
- Fixed: Break clip on timeline cause iClone hanging in some condition.
- Fixed: Character shift moved when character link to prop and play the second motion clip.
- Added: Left and Right Hands option inside the Remove Motion clip category in the Timeline.
v5.13 (v5.13.1523.1) released 23rd March-12
- Added: "Reset Scale" to prevent non-uniform scale objects distorting out of shape under some conditions.
(ex: wheel object on Physics Toolbox)
- Added: Enable "Set as Dummy" while multi-object selected.
- Added: Y and Z rotation for Physics-Spring constraint.
- Enhanced: Allow "Preview Render" to render Dummy Object, Grid and Axial.
- Fixed: Cannot add action command when Rigid body simulation is turned off.
- Fixed: Timeline does not auto extend while adding track.
- Fixed: Hair Scale gizmo axial.
v5.12 (v5.12.1410.1) released 13th February-12
- Device Mocap (Kinect for Windows): Formal release of Device Mocap MS version for Microsoft Kinect SDK.
- Added: "Remove Script" function for Projects, iProps, and Characters.
- Added: Prop with LUA Script now appears with blue text in Scene Manager.
- Fixed: Some iProp with AML script convert to non-human in 3DXchange4, producing incorrect motion in iClone5.
- Fixed: Issue with opening Facial Puppet Panel.
- Fixed: Cannot activate physics for props which are converted from a terrain component.
v5.11 (v5.11.1320.1) released 20th January-12
- Fixed: Fixed changing body part failure in G3 character.
v5.1 (v5.1.1317.1) released 18th January-12
- Provide "Microsoft Kinect SDK" Beta2 version.
- Enhanced: Better skeleton recognition, and more stable skeleton signal.
- Added: Wrist Animation.
- Added: Head Animation (Tilting).
- Added: Floor Auto Detection.
- Added: Mirror Function in Mocap control panel.
- Added: Provide Smoother to reduce noise while capturing.
- Added: Floor Calibration to get better foot to floor relation.
- Added: "Body Command" function to control Preview, Record and Stop commands.
- Added: Multi â€“ Constraint.
- Added: Constraint Stability Setting.
- Added: Hinge Constraint.
- Added: Slider Constraint.
- Added: Point to Point Constraint.
- Added: Generic Constraint.
- Added: Rope Constraint.
- Added: Cone Twist Constraint.
- Added: Spring Constraint.
- Added: Make it keyable for Rigidbody 4 state type.
- Added: Right click to switch Direct Puppet and Motion Layer pin state.
- Added: Parent & Local option for Gizmo Rotation.
- Added: Press hotkey W, E, allows looping switch World (Parent) & Local.
- Added: Direct Puppet - Add mirror function.
- Added: Added tab hotkey to switch to start and end of each clip in the clip track in Timeline.
- Enhanced: Enhanced scene manager performance.
- Enhanced: Dragging Left-Right palm in Motion layer would spread open and close palm.
- Enhanced: Simplified Trial registration flow on Trial version.
- Fixed: Side face image not obvious while creating a face.
- Fixed: Motion Layer - Mirror function not work properly while the character is rotating.
- Fixed: Fixed deformed lag issue after save and reload of some G2 Characters.
- Fixed: Fixed set follow cam to current view and switch camera causes project load failure.
- Fixed: Fixed some object transform value convert failures caused them to appear upside down or disordered.
- Fixed: Fixed system task bar set to left or right causing iClone window to be cropped when maximizing window.
- Fixed: Fixed particle effect always on the front when Toon or Ambient Occlusion effect set to On.
- Fixed: Fixed some character loading failure in "Female SuperHeroes" pack.
- Fixed: Fixed "Align Actor Motion" occasional movement error.
v5.02 (v5.02.1121.2) released 22nd November-11
- Added: Device Mocap â€“ Added â€œKnee Rotation Constraintâ€ option to avoid foot flipping.
- Fixed: Device Mocap â€“ Fixed incorrect head and shoulder movement.
- Added: Option to add motion curve on the first level of the motion layer key.
- Fixed: Inability to download content from Reallusion City under certain conditions.
- Fixed: Cannot reload the avatar after the teeth are modified.
- Enhanced: Updated â€œWoâ€ lips map for better lip-syncing.
- Enhanced: Updated facial creation data to enhance the facial quality.
v5.01 (v5.01.1005.1) released 6th October-11
- Fixed: G1, G2 Character compatibility Issues
- G2 Character: Elbow twist issue
- G1, G2 Characters incline issue
- Fixed: Some large mesh-based terrain would cause a crash when loaded in iClone5.
- Fixed: Pressing Undo while using Direct Puppet could cause program crash.
- Fixed: Throat Brightness Adjustment not working.
- Fixed: Crash when exporting JPEG or PNG Image sequence using AO and Super-sampling.
- Fixed: Some G1 Characters would not load in iClone5.
- Fixed: Device Mocap Mask not working correctly.
- Fixed: Hundred Years' War Content Pack: Cavalry couldnâ€™t use operate command in iClone5.
- Fixed: Cannot not load â€œM_Santa Clausâ€ character from Christmas Collection Pack
- Fixed: Height Terrain without detail map lighting incorrect.
- Enhanced: G5 Gwynn, fixed shoulder balance issue.
- Enhanced: Puppet motion profiles updated.
- Enhancement: Right-click remove all animation, link keys in the 1st frame remain.
- Enhanced: Updated default idle for actor without previous persona assignment.
- Enhanced: User interface. Minor update in Mixmoves dialog and Motion Puppet dialog.
- Added: Universal Sky to Sky template.
v5.00 (5.0.0922.1) released 23th September-11
v4.31 (4.31.2517.1) released 20th January-11
- Fixed: Memory leak issue in 3D view.
- Fixed: Camera keys will now be removed from the respective timeline track after clicking on "Remove All Animation".
- Fixed: The "Look At" keys which were previously not appearing on the light track.
- Fixed: Loading issue with certain objects.
- Enhanced: Content purchase entrance now moved from Backstage application to Reallusion City Marketplace.
- Added: "Update" button for verifying purchased DRM content within the current project.
v4.3 (4.3.1929.1) released 12th August-10
- Added:Â 'Above/Below' andÂ 'DualStream' formats for 3D Stereo Vision output.
- Enhanced: Enhanced G4 UV meshÂ that avoidsÂ visual defects on both earsÂ during face creation.
- Enhanced: DRM content purchase behavior for multiple DRM ID content.
- Enhanced: Update embedded content: Trey, Benny motion and Particle project.
- Fixed: Some props included empty UV Maps that caused textures notÂ to show inÂ iClone.
- Fixed:Â ClickingÂ 'Reset All' in Facial Features,Â caused abnormalÂ eye motion.
- Fixed: Some props with looped UV animationÂ clips, caused APÂ to crash.
- Fixed: Hard disk space estimation incorrect. Now able to save 4GB file in FAT Hard disk.
- Fixed: Maximizing iCloneÂ left a spaceÂ on theÂ right if the taskbarÂ was placedÂ on theÂ left side.
- Fixed: CorrectedÂ bump map direction.
- Fixed: AML with space in theÂ tag caused theÂ 'Terms of Endearment' content packÂ to not work properly.
v4.2 (4.2.1718.1) released 27th May-10
- Added: 3D Stereo Vision in 'Anaglyph (Red/Cyan)' and 'Side by Side' formats for both Image and Video output.
- Added: Allow scaling of entire Non-Human Character body.
- Added: .popVideo file format in popVideo Output.
- Added: Export function- alpha channel video in Video output.
- Added: 'Normal Map' item in Right-mouse list for texture dragging into 3D window.
- Added: DRM protection for iGlove, iHand and iFace.
- Enhanced: Able to set free size and adjust frame rate, video and audio quality in WMV output.
- Enhanced: Able to show Codec Info in Video Settings.
- Enhanced: Able to open current content folder via the Find File function in the Content Manager toolbar.
- Enhanced: Select function with two behaviors: drag-select from left to right- just touch object to pick all object(s); drag-select from right to left - select all object(s) to pick.
- Enhanced: Loading efficiency enhancement by changing Benny, Dylan, Jana Persona to basic.
- Fixed: Bounding box on sub-object selection was sometimes blocked.
- Fixed: Lock to ratio and lock all channels did not work in new dragging texture.
- Fixed: Corrected normal map direction.
- Fixed: Blend function in Create face did not work properly.
- Fixed: RM output format with DVD NTSC size which caused the AP to crash.
- Fixed: After adding the move command and Collect Motion, it caused the AP to crash when changing the sound clip speed.
- Fixed: Coud not load object with UV node when UV data was empty (Props Pack Bugs, Bears pack, Singing Birds...).
- Fixed: Tank track was always moving and could not be stopped.
- Fixed: Could not load some characters because of the buffer overflow (US Navy F-14 Aviator pack).
- Fixed: Updated embedded character (Benny, Dylan and Trey) failed during Mesh replacement in 3DXchange4.
v4.12 (4.12.1313.1) released 14 January-10
- Fixed: Some iProp animation cannot be removed when clicking the â€œResetâ€ button.
- Fixed: Fail to remove the video when a project has lost its video file link.
- Fixed: iClone3 avatars with a particle attached cannot be loaded.
- Fixed: The color of the prop would also be changed when adjusting the skin color of a non-human character with the prop attached.
- Fixed: A project containing the object with incorrect AML data cannot be loaded.
v4.11 (4.11.1218.1) released 21 December-09
- Fixed: Bug that caused low quality when break 8 bit audio clip
- Fixed: Failure to produce HTML page in Flash output when checked â€œProduce HTML Pageâ€.
- Fixed: Failure to download content from Backstage while UAC (User Account Control) was activated under Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Fixed: Loading error of iClone2 Projects which caused loss of "Tree", "Grass", "CTS", "SoundFX" and "Music" in certain condition.
- Fixed: Bug that caused â€œSmoothâ€ tool in â€œAdjust the facial textureâ€ panel that crashed iClone
- Fixed: Bug that caused Failure to load .iScene with numerous Trees.
- Fixed: Bug that caused DRM contents failing to be recognized.
v4.1 (4.1.1125.1) released 26 Novenmber-09
- Added: Context menu to load image or video files as plane, image layer, billboard or background when using the right mouse button to drag & drop image or video files into the program.
- Added: "Drag & Drag Automatic External Files" option in Preferences to always load files as external sources when using drag & drop from windows.
- Added: The audio volume of a video is now keyable and can be used to create fade in and fade out effects using the timeline track.
- Added: Option to "Replace" a video texture from "Set > Video".
- Added: Option to 'Lock ratio' when manually adjusting the resolution on the export pages.
- Added: Embedded characters now have footstep sounds.
- Enhanced: DRM content that has already been verified will work even when the file path is changed.
- Enhanced: Stability of the 1-Click Content Verification function.
- Enhanced: Capability to Drag & Drop .vns files into iClone.
- Enhanced: Hand quality of embedded characters.
- Fixed: Drag & Drop would not work when UAC was set to 'on' under Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Fixed: IK would not work with non-human characters sometimes.
- Fixed: Changing a character's display method to 'Bounding Mesh' using the right-click menu would cause the program to crash.
- Fixed: The '2-Sided' check box in the 'Adjust the Facial Texture' menu would not work.
- Fixed: Moving along a path would not work properly if the path was projected to the terrain.
- Fixed: McAfee anti-virus would cause avatars to load very slowly.
- Fixed: An obvious line would appear between a character's head and neck when a new face is created or the face was changed.
v4.02 (4.02.1029.1) released 3 Novenmber-09
- Added: 1-Click Content Verification to verify all your DRM protected content in a single go. See more detail illustration.
- Added: Option to use the face cam with non-standard characters.
- Enhanced: Fine-tuned G1, G2, G3 facial skins to improve facial animation.
- Fixed: Some G1/G2 characters had abnormal teeth and/or mouth behavior.
- Fixed: Some G1/G2 characters could not be loaded.
- Fixed: Some G1/G2 characters could not use IK.
- Fixed: iClone3 projects which contained one or more props with merged particles could not be loaded.
- Fixed: iClone3 projects which contained characters with particles would crash when replacing those characters.
- Fixed: iClone3 props with UV animation (i.e. Stage Magician Pack) would not load correctly.
- Fixed: Props that use AML scripts would cause the program to crash when the AML script's "PosHelper" value was empty.
- Fixed: Removing a character's hair, then undoing/redoing that action, and then re-adjusting the hair would cause the program to crash.
- Fixed: Replacing a character would cause IK/FK to become unusable.
- Fixed: The description for the Material > "Effect All Materials" option was changed to "Affect All Materials" and is now colored in blue to indicate keyability.
- Fixed: The description for Head > Eyes > "Pupils" was changed to "Irises"
- Fixed: The dialog title for the "Add to Library" feature on the Collect Clip track of props was corrected.
v4.01 (4.01.1012.1) released 12 October-09
- Fixed: Some characters from BackSage (or saved in iClone3) cannot be loaded into iClone4.
- Fixed: Some motions from BackStage cannot be loaded into iClone4.
v4 (4.0.1002.1) released 02 October-09
- Added: Drag and drop editing from files on your computer or external hard drive.
- Added: Directly turn image or video files into 3D objects.
- Added: Gizmo manipulation with 3D Viewer.
- Added: Ability to direct your actor or prop with accessory hot key menu in the Director Mode.
- Added: Dockable and collapsible Timeline Editor.
- Added: Supports video files (AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, etc.) in any texture channel.Â
- Added: Video layering for foreground, background, titling and SFX.
- Added: Turn video with alpha channel into popVideo for iClone.
- Added: Place video on any surface of 3D objects for 3D video SFX.
- Added: HDR (High Dynamic Range) effects.
- Added: IBL (Image Based Lighting) effects.
- Added: Motion Path with speed, orientation and editing control.
- Added: Transition curve for more natural object movement.
- Added: Smoother camera motion for better camera movement.
- Added: Full hand gestures with fast motion editing.
- Added: Motion reverse.
- Added: Facial puppeteering â€“ Use your mouse to select and direct the facial features of your actor as you play back in real-time.
- Added: Decrease file size by using external textures and sharing textures for multiple objects.
- Added: Eyedropper and paint bucket for quick texture editing.
- Added: Adjust UV map with rotate, mirror, and invert.
- Added: Blend textures with different modes: multiply, addition, overlay.
- Added: New characters with G4 head system optimized for advanced facial animation.
- Added: Character base for stylized cartoon animation - Jimmy-Toon.
- Added: New persona motion files for daily movements and dialog.
- Added: Be able to import facial texture files from Poser and Second Life.
- Added: Add new behaviors to avatar by attaching new props: wings to add fly mode, glove to add boxing mode.
- Added: Be able to edit and animate 3D creatures other than human.
- Added: Allow set pivot for any object to create rolling wheels, doors and other smart props.
- Added: Dummy mode - set prop or accessory as dummy for easier manipulation.
- Added: Create head with bone level morphing.
- Added: AML human centric - actor is able to perform specific motions by accessing different AML accessories.
- Added: Individual sound track for characters, props, etc.
- Added: Detailed hand management, with ability to save gesture clips.
- Added: Accept UV face map from 3rd-party model in enhanced G4 head bone system.
- Added: New type of "Gloves" for character style setting.
- Added: Eyelashes available in new G4 head.
- Enhanced: Enhanced shadow map for flexible shading effects.
- Enhanced: Particle softness and orientation for realistic SFX.
- Enhanced: Realistic water animation with video normal map.
- Enhanced: Smooth blending between water and land with edge softness.
- Enhanced: Rotation-driven spring animation for naturally moving hair and skirts.
- Enhanced: Enhanced G4 head system with facial bone level morphing and key editing.
- Enhanced: Enhanced facial tracks in Timeline for keyframe or motion clip management.
- Enhanced: Enhanced Scene Manager with freeze function.
- Enhanced: Able to see trees or grass in Quick Shader.
- Enhanced: Quick Access function for Modify panel and right-click menu with scroll bar for flexible search.
- Enhanced: Highlighted texts in Modify panel allow key animation setting.
- Enhanced: Quick switch between Director and Editor mode
- Enhanced: Ability to customize file thumbnail.
- Enhanced: Collapsible Timeline editor with track grouping and show/hide function.
- Enhanced: Ability to do key animation of image layer and multiple layering.
- Enhanced: Atmosphere and sky tracks enhancement.
- Enhanced: Flexibility to adjust shadow quality by adjusting map resolution range.
v3.2C (3.2.1526.1) released 26 March-09
- Fixed: Crashing issue occurs when the grass just added into the Scene Manager is picked as the project is playing back.
- Fixed: The left and right facial mappings are opposite between iClone and CrazyTalk.
- Fixed: In Director Mode, iClone crashes when Ctrl +Click an iProp with no Move Command embedded.
- Fixed: Animated Texture effect is rendered incorrectly in the Quick Shader Mode.
(E.g. The talking bubble in the Language Learning project)
- Fixed: The blending part of a clip in the timeline fails after being shrunk and extended again.
- Enhanced AML script:
- 1. Sub-prop control enhancement
- 2. New FullStop state for Move Command.
- Enhanced: Smaller watermark for EX version.
- Enhanced: Real-world camera setting (35mm format)
v3.2 released 29 December-08
- Enhanced: Performance enhancement on computers with multi-core CPUs.
- Enhanced: Option to launch your video player after video output is finished.
- Enhanced: "Align Actor Motion" option under "Animation/Motion" is checked by default now.
- Enhanced: Updated the BackStage program icon.
- Enhanced: The "Show/Hide" status of all items is now saved when a project is saved.
- Added: iClone data files now support thumbnail displays (when browsing for files for example)
- Added: "Lock Ratio" option for UV editing under "Material & Texture Settings".
- Added: "Effect All Channels" option for UV editing under "Material & Texture Settings".
- Added: Default Content - 3D Spaces under Props
- Added: Default Content - Artificial Eye uner
- Added: Height adjustment for Sky props
- Fixed: CloneCloth Caracters did not display "Drop" and "Wall" shadow effects properly in Pixel-Shader mode.
- Fixed: CloneBone characters with parts already attached could not be loaded.
- Fixed: Loading iClone2 projects would display all particle effects at twice the speed.
- Fixed: Loading projects would sometimes not open the reminder message to save your current project.
- Fixed: Saving a project would use the current view for the thumbnail of this project.
- Fixed: Trinity's eye color could not be adjusted.
- Fixed: e-mail addresses with too many characters could not be used to log into iClone3 EX.
- Fixed: The "Jeep" iProp could not be animated using the right-click commands on iClone3 EX.
v3.1 released 21 November-08
- Added: iClone BackStage Live Content Access
- Added: WidgetMe (Beta) - transparent Flash movie for the web
- Added: Flexible spring for natural movement
- Added: Material key frame editing and animation
- Added: AML templates and interactivity
- Added: Hair offset for character
- Added: Drop Shadow and Wall Shadow supported
- Enhanced: CloneBone character system
- Enhanced: Facial animation
- Enhanced: Material Pick and UV offset/tiling
- Enhanced: Reduce iClone loading and speed up program initialization
- Fixed: Crashed when loading iClone 2.5 projects with no character included.
- Fixed: "invalid project" warning appeared when loaded projects from some previous versions.
- Fixed: AML script errors on props and characters
- Fixed: Undo & Redo caused crash in some conditions.
v3.03 released 15 September-08
- Fixed: For graphics cards that only support Quick Shader, application crashed during final render in some condition.
- Fixed: Crashed when users chose Head>Texture>Diffuse> Launch Editor, then back to iClone and select Glow>Launch Editor.
- Fixed: Director Mode using W.A.S.D. keys to move character and camera at the same time, the character would be reset to the original position.
- Fixed: Application crashed when using iClone 2 motion with Sample Transform.
- Fixed: Removed redundant materials.
- Fixed: Some old prop content appeared incorrectly in iClone3.
- Added: Timeline tab keys - Tab: next key; Shift+Tab: last key.
v3.02 released 28 August-08
- Fixed: Non-English language issue, caused character damage and unable to apply motion
- Fixed: Non-English language issue, chose Actor/Special, applying body style caused crash
- Fixed: Geforce FX 5200, Quick Shader, export BMP format with final render caused lockup
- Fixed: In Hand Combat project, changing character caused crash
- Fixed: Apply G2 character, select Head/Face/Modify/adjusting face feature, drag scroll bar caused crash
- Fixed: Exporting project with GIF animation 800x600 caused crash
- Fixed: G3 character applied G1 object, undo and redo caused crash
- Fixed: [Content Pack] Wedding Planner pack > Minister, open Groomsman caused crash
- Fixed: [Content Pack] Filmset and Props > 3D Scene, open Classic Living Room caused crash
- Fixed: [Content Pack] import iClone Theme Pack > Horse & Tack, open some props caused crash
- Fixed: Obvious user interface defects
- Fixed: Default content defects
- Fixed: Glow Map disable issue
- Fixed: Click expand (+) and clap (-) on Scene Manager/Lighting caused crash
- Fixed: Most of the content pack compatibility issues
- Fixed: Cannot output a TGA file with the alpha channel
- Fixed: Director Mode, operate command caused crash on some objects
- Fixed: Some imprecise messages
- Fixed: Click Mouth/Light/Head caused crash in some conditions
- Fixed: Two characters looking at each other caused unnatural head movement
- Added: Provide horizontal scroll function on Timeline Editor
- Added: Disable Vertex Shading and Pixel Shading when the graphic card does not support
- Enhanced: MP4 export quality
- Enhanced: Graphic Card compatibility on Intel, ATI (HD3650), nVIDIA(GeForce6 Series)
- Enhanced: G2 character mouth movement and visual quality
v3.0 released 09 August-08
- Added: Two production modes: Editor Mode and Director Mode
- Added: Scene manager for total project asset list and access
- Added: Right-click menu system
- Added: Undo/Redo
- Added: New G3 Character
- Added: Facial Normal Map
- Added: Direct 3D object manipulation
- Added: Attach and Link (scene objects to characters)
- Added: Dramascript XML mod scripting for creating custom actor and object interactivity
- Added: Direct actor motion editing, FK, IK (No external Motion Editor required)
- Added: Tab track editing
- Added: Multi-actor timeline editing for Pro users
- Added: CrazyTalk5 auto lip-synch compatible
- Added: MP3 Import
- Added: Multi-camera system
- Added: Enhanced lighting system
- Added: Material Editing
- Added: Terrain + Sky + Grass, Water & Foliage Scene builder
- Added: Multiple Shader selection and preview options (Wireframe to Pixel Shader)
- Added: Flash Output
v2.5 released 22 October-07
- Added: Direct Picking and Manipulating Selected Objects.
- Added: Add Linkage between Objects and Characters.
- Added: Large Scene
- Added: New demo Project.
- Added: Press the "E" key to quickly auto level the camera back to the upright position if the camera gets tilted.
- Added: Press the "F" key to zoom the camera view to the front of the selected object.
- Added: Press the "Home" key to view the selected object from top right position.
- Added: Rotate and orbit camera to the “F” or “Home” keys focused objects.
- Added: Camera templates for medium, large and extremely large scale scenes. Film large cityscapes, terrains, architecture and more.
- Data Fixed: Jack CloneCasual fails to adjust color.
- Data Fixed: Jack Casual 's shoes under floor board.
- Data Fixed: The finger become too long after the body size is adjusted.
- Data Fixed: Some illegible node name is modified to be more readable.
- Enhancement: The ears can be modified to be more distinctive.
- Enhancement: Default pose become more than upstanding.
- Program Fixed : Crashing problem when wav file is imported and then export the project to an avi file.
- Program Fixed : Crashing problem when all props are removed and reverted.
- Program Fixed : Fail to apply teeth or eyes when non-standard character is applied and replaced with G1/G2 character.
- Program Fixed : The face fails to receive light in the final export result after specific dynamic light is applied.
- Program Fixed : The hands collapse after some certain motions are applied to the character.
- Program Fixed : The hair has mistake in quick shader render mode.
- Program Fixed : Crashing problem when user apply gesture on timeline (18000 Frames) and click fit to windows.
- Program Fixed : To improve character posture include :
- G1 Character
- G2 Character
Jack Clone Casual
Jane Clone Casual
v2.1 released 03 July-07
Added: Vista support - iClone 2.1 works with Windows Vista.
- Program Fixed: Fail to apply hand gestures to G2 characters. Click
- Program Fixed: Visual defect in the facial texture adjustment for certain hair style. Click
- Program Fixed: Fail to export AVI video. Error Message "Cannot initialize video encoder; export failed."
- Data Fixed: Updated default Jane Casual character with a better face shape and hair style.
- Data Fixed: Fail to adjust color on Jack Casual's shoes. Click
- Data Fixed: Fail to apply accessories - Microphone. Click
- Data Fixed: Remodel Jack CloneCloth Casual character to remove the extruded chest. Click
- Data Fixed: Remove shoulder joint twist for certain motion data (list below). Click
Dance\Rock and Roll
v2.0 released 21 March-07
- Added: G2 Character - enhanced bone structure and texture details
- Added: G2 CloneCloth Character - dual-layer, custom garment design
- Added: Be able to save accessories with custom Characters
- Added: Particle Effects - full control over particle parameters
- Added: Fog
- Added: LivePlants for 3D Scene
- Added: Foot sliding removal
- Added: Multi-channel textures export
- Added: HD video size output - 1280 x 720 (720P), and 1920 x 1080 (1080P)
- Fixed: Black and white slanting video in Avi format is exported when user key in specific dimension
- Fixed: Crashing as the Insert key on the keyboard is pressed while any Template Folder in File Manager is focused
- Fixed: Crashing when beta Effect Pack is loaded and applied
- Fixed: Incorrect display of Motion Total Frame
- Fixed: Wrong tag name in Modify page of Accessories
v1.52 released 04 October-06
- New: Speed up rendering speed from 2x to 20x
- New: Select video compressor before exporting video files
- New: Be able to export AVI up to 2GB in FAT32 format hard disk.
- New: Now be able to export AVI larger than 4GB with NTFS format hard disk.
- New: Convenient Hotkeys for Move, Rotate Character and Offset Character Shadow.
||Alt+up/down = move (Z)
Alt+right/left = move (X)
||Alt+left/right = rotate (Y)
|*Offset Character shadow
||Ctrl+up/down = move (Y)
|Tips - Speed character movement: combining "Shift" key to 10 times increase the character movement or rotate speed
- Fixed: iClone launch failure message.
- Fixed: Lighting color doesn't change after light template is applied.
- Fixed: Sound volume sync problem between System and iClone sound recorder.
- Fixed: iClone crashes when exporting WMV or AVI files with certain 3D graphics cards.
- Fixed: Under some circumstances, hands will become strange shape after users enlarge hands.
- Fixed: To eliminate the beeping noise at the end of exported video files.
- Fixed: Fix Hero's neck connection problem.
v1.51 released 16 August-06
- Fixed: Increase the load speed of thumbnail images
- Fixed: correct the initial offset problem in walking motion files
- Fixed: Hotkey changes - see Performance Issue and Tuning in iClone1.5 manual
- New: Be able to turn off the warning message when load projects without standard characters (press Ctrl-Shift-L)
- New: Add a high-resolution 3d sphere in \Props\3D Blocks\
v1.5 released 1st August-06
- New: Real-time Pixel Shader supporting the following visual effects
- bump map
- normal map
- reflection (environmental map)
- alpha channel (opacity map)
- self-cast shadow (nVidia only)
- vertex color
- UV texture animation
- particle effects
- New: Multi-texture Editing for characters and props
- diffuse, bump, opacity, reflection, glow map
- planer, box, spherical, cylindrical, texture UV mapping
- New: Animation Tracks and Timeline Control
- camera, lighting, hands, animated props, animated accessories, 3D
- New: Preinstalled Content
- 3D Blocks System ( 45 items in 7 categories)
- 3D Surface System (4 items)
- 3D Billboard (1 item)
- 3D Architecture (6 items)
- Texture Library ( 43 items in 5 categories)
- New: Motion Editor 1.5v (Studio only)
- numerical joint data input
- align whole motion - anti-foot sliding
- reset pivot: lock pivot to the same XY location, prepare loop motion for timeline animation
- fixed: copy and paste joint rotation to the whole motion segment
- New: BVH Converter (Studio only)
- be able to define BVH profile, convert and fine tune BVH motion data
v1.01 released 8th February-06
- New: Complete content thumbnail in trial version
- New:"Content Developer Info" button
- New: Screensaver loading status
- Fixed: Screensaver loading defect
- Fixed: Trial version splash defect
v1.00 released 8th December-05