To let the specific control govern an object, first use the " " to pick the target item. Because one control can govern multiple items, you will see the increase of Picked Number if you've picked several target items.
If you apply a L1 dummy, the text under the control icon will state the dummy name (eg. Linear Motor). When you pick another object, it will state Multiple meaning there are more than one items being picked. If you release the dummy, it will state the object that you just picked.
Physics Gear will give a default physics value to this picked item
* default axis = x
* activate physics - dynamic
* constraint setting, eg. motor gives a hinge - free setting
* give a mass value; mostly remains 1
when the target is released, those assigned physics attributes will remain in the prop.
How to control custom props using L2 Structures
If you want to pick your custom mesh, please follow the instructions below:
1. Have your custom mesh model ready.
2. Your custom model must have the same structure as the dummy with the same naming hierarchy. The root node can be named differently, but the sub-nodes must be named exactly the same as the dummy.
3. The constraint for each sub-structure of the model must be set exactly the same as the dummy as well.
4. Pick the model.
How to link / unlink a L2 structure to other objects
By linking a L2 structure to another prop, you are adding a slider constraint to the prop. Therefore, the structure will now move with the prop.
Unlink the structure removes the constraint between the structure and the prop that it's linked to. The structure will no longer move with the prop.
How to merge control panels
How to Merge Panel?
If you apply more than one dummy, you will have more than one control panels. To merge them, please follow the instructions below:
1.Open manage bar by double clicking the blank area on the control panel that you wish to disregard.
2.Click on the merge button.
3.Click on the prop whose control panel that you wish to expand.
4.Right click on the dummy whose control panel that you wish to disregard and choose Lua Script > Remove Lua Script
5.Close the control panel that you don't need so you are left with only one control panel.